Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation Training (Series 1)
Online Cannabis Induction Training
There are 2 parts to the training courses for Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation:
- Series 1 (consisting of the first 6 online courses eMCCA 101 to eMCCA 106) and
- Series 2 (consisting of the second set of 6 online courses, eMCCA 107 to eMCCA 112).
Medicinal cannabis industry training courses (cannabis sector cultivation training) are best taken sequentially.
While you can order each series individually, Series 1 should be followed up with the training courses in Series 2.
Training for the Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation Sector
- Considering working in the medicinal cannabis cultivation sector?
- Then you’ll need induction training in the cannabis sector.
Fortunately, the most convenient way to learn what’s required to gain employment in the medicinal cannabis industry is through our online training programs.
There are a total of 12 eLearning modules in our eLearning series relating to Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation. There are six (6) modules in Series 1 and six modules in Series 2.
Who should take these medicinal cannabis industry courses?
- Online courses for the Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation sector are generally suitable for anyone with an interest in learning more about working in the medicinal cannabis cultivation industry.
- These cannabis industry training courses provide an excellent overview of the required foundations for working in the cannabis industry.
There are no prerequisites for these courses.
However, having an understanding of GMP regulations will be helpful. Additionally, you should take the courses sequentially starting with eMCCA101 through eMCCA112 to gain a thorough understanding of the sector.
There is one additional course (Clinical Trials for Medicinal Cannabis) that is an added cannabis industry training option for individuals working in medicinal cannabis research job roles.
These online courses will provide you with an introduction to medicinal cannabis cultivation security, cannabis propagation, botany, crop care/cultivation inputs, trimming, harvesting, and post-harvesting activities.
Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation Training Series 1 (described below) consists of 6 Certificate Courses.
eMCCA Series 1 (described below)
Courses in Series 1 of this online training series are focused on the foundations of the Medicinal Cannabis sector. They include an introduction to industry-specific regulations, as well as an overview of GACP and GMP. Examples of regulations in Australia (TGA and the ODC), the United States (US FDA) the UK (MHRA) and the European Union (US EMA) are included.
eMCCA Series 1 online training courses are available NOW.
Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation Academy Series 1 (Training package) includes the following six (6) eLearning modules:
- Licencing, permits and regulatory requirements
- Introduction to roles of Office of Drug Control (ODC) and Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA)
- Overview of industry-specific regulations and guidelines in medicinal cannabis cultivation and production
Includes an introduction to:
- Access to medical cannabis (medical marijuana) through clinical trials or SAS (Special Access Schemes in Australia)
- United States FDA regulations involving cannabis use for medicinal purposes
- Regulations for medicinal cannabis in the UK (MHRA Statement on Cannabinoid products)
- European regulations for cannabis (medical marijuana) for medicinal purposes
- Site selection criteria
- Facility Designs, Site Layouts and Zones
- Cultivation and Post-Harvest Zones
- Cross-contamination and Security risks
- Introduction to Quality Risk Management
- Chemicals and Storage Requirements
- Personnel Roles and Responsibilities
- Cannabis Industry WHS: Hazards and Risk Reduction Strategies
- Responsibilities of Personnel and Management
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Handling of Chemicals and Dangerous Goods
- WHS Communication and Consultation Basics
- Importance of Security in Medicinal Cannabis Sector
- Security Systems and Surveillance Requirements
- Security Breach Reporting Responsibilities, Laws
- Security Risk Management
- Introduction to Good Agricultural and Collection Practices (GACP)
- Botany Basics
- The Cannabis Plant
- Cannabis Species and Contemporary Varieties
- Trichome Biology
- Plant Inputs: Cultivation of Herbal Medicines
- Cannabis growth stages
- Cultivation Across the Life Cycle
- Lighting and Environmental Controls
- Climate Control Tools and Systems
- Growing Systems
- Plant Stressors
Scroll up to purchase (add to basket).
Our Medicinal Cannabis online courses are suitable for anyone interested in knowing more about the requirements of the Cannabis Industry.
Each Medicinal Cannabis online training module will provide learners with an overview of the topic. This foundational cannabis industry knowledge is designed to be combined with specific onsite training and direct Supervision in the workplace.
Course Duration: Each of the 6 online training modules in Series 1 will require a minimum of 30 minutes to 180 minutes to complete, including the Final Assessment.
However, eLearning course completion time frames are only a generalised estimate of learning times.
The average time to complete each eLearning module will vary, depending on numerous factors. These include the topic, pre-existing knowledge of the topic at hand, interrupted eLearning versus all-in-one module completion; and learner-specific traits.
Successful completion of the training course will provide you with a downloadable or printable Certificate of Completion.
Purchasing the Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation eLearning series gives you access to the courses, online, for up to 12 months.
You can review the courses as often as you’d like within that time frame. Individual use only – one user per purchase.
More people to train? Please contact us for custom training quotes for 10 or more employees (include as many details as possible in your enquiry, including the company name and the number of employees needing industry-specific training).
Medicinal Cannabis: Online Certificate Courses
Successful completion of the Final Assessment for each Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation training module provides you with a downloadable (printable PDF) Certificate of Completion for that particular topic.
These cannabis training courses are intended to be taken sequentially (Modules 1-12) over a period of 1 week to several months, depending on your learning style and training needs.
Already purchased Series 1? Click here to purchase Series 2.