Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) in the Medicinal Cannabis Industry (eMCCA103 – Course 3 of 12 in the Medicinal Cannabis Industry Training Series). This course is module 3 of 12 total modules in the Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation industry training Series. This online training course explores industry-specific workplace health and safety considerations (WHS) for employers and employees serving the cannabis cultivation industry and/or pharmaceutical manufacturing for cannabis-derived medicines.
Workplace health and safety (WHS) knowledge specific to the medicinal cannabis cultivation industry may be helpful for you if:
- You are currently employed in the cannabis cultivation industry
- You are currently exploring job opportunities in the Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation industry
- You are curious about what it would be like to work in a medicinal cannabis workplace or cultivation setting
- You are an operations manager or quality manager working in the medicinal crop cultivation sector or pharmaceutical manufacturing industry
It is also useful as a Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) refresher or Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) refresher training course for the cannabis growing industry.
Medicinal Cannabis Industry Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) / OHS training course
- This workplace health and safety course (Medicinal Cannabis Industry WHS/OHS) is not intended to be taken as a stand-alone course.
- It should be completed sequentially, as part of the 12 module eLearning Series for the Medicinal Cannabis Industry employees and operational teams, including contractors and suppliers to the cannabis sector.
- It should also be combined with workplace health and safety training in accordance with your local and regional WHS regulations and workplace safety and well-being programs.
- The course is theoretical only and to be used ONLY for educational purposes as part of a combined training program or as part of your induction training processes for employees new to the medicinal cannabis cultivation sector.
The eMCCA103 online training course explores workplace health and safety in the medicinal cannabis cultivation sector.
It includes an introduction to the following topics.
- Common Cannabis Industry Hazards
- Hazard Classifications
- Risk Management Strategies
- Incidents Reporting in the Medicinal Cannabis Sector
- Communication and Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) Consultation
- Also visit: Security (Module 4 of 12) and why it is an important component of workplace health and safety in the cannabis industry
One user per registration.
To request a custom quote for training 50 or more employees, contact us.
Please include details of your enquiry, including the number of employees requiring training in the medicinal cannabis cultivation sector; and which of the two Series (1 or 2, or both) you are seeking to purchase for 10 employees or more.
Scroll back up and click “ADD TO CART” to make a purchase. Upon payment, you can start your online training course immediately!
Disclaimer: These courses are for education purposes only and should be combined with onsite training and close Supervision at the cannabis cultivation site or manufacturing facility. A Certificate of Completion is available on successful completion of eMCCA103 and the other 11 modules in the online Medicinal Cannabis Training Series.
Duration of eMCCA103 – WHS for employees or employment in the Medicinal Cannabis Industry/sector
Timeframes and estimates for course completion: Course completion times will vary from person to persona and module to module.
Average online course duration: Most of our online courses average from 2 to 4 hours to complete (each training module) but some may take longer and some may take only 9o minutes. Online course completion times will vary based on your previous knowledge, your learning style, individual learning capacities and learning preferences, and the depth of content in each of the 12 online cannabis training modules.
For eMCCA103 – Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) in the Medicinal Cannabis Industry – the average course completion timeframe (duration) is approximately 2.5 to 3.5 hours, including completing the Final Assessment in order to gain your downloadable/printable cannabis course Certificate of Completion.
Note the Certificate of Completion is not a statement of competency but a statement you have successfully completed the online theoretical knowledge module; for education purposes only and best combined with onsite training and completed in conjunction with the full medicinal cannabis training series and other herbal medicine GMP and GACP induction courses.