Botany Basics Medicinal Cannabis Sector (eMCCA105)
Course duration: Allow 2 to 3 hours to complete this course.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- No Hassle Refunds
- Secure Payments
Botany Basics: Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation Training
- Introduction to Good Agricultural and Collection Practices (GACP)
- Botany Basics
- The Cannabis Plant
- Cannabis Species and Contemporary Varieties
- Trichome Biology
- Plant Inputs: Cultivation of Herbal Medicines
This online course for the Medicinal Cannabis industry covers “Botany Basics (eMCCA105).”
This module is Module 5 of 12 online training modules that cover induction topics for the medicinal cannabis cultivation sector (the global cannabis industry).
Medicinal cannabis industry – botany training
Completing this course will assist employees, future botanists, contractors, operation managers, and others to better understand medicinal cannabis plants and basic botany principles. It is designed to be completed as part of Series 1 (in sequential order) and as one of the pre-requisites to completing the cannabis industry topics in Series 2.
What will you learn in the ‘Medicinal Cannabis Botany Basics’ training module?
This Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation training series by PharmOut’s expert cannabis industry consultants includes an overview of:
- Good Agricultural and Collection Practices (GACP) and regulations?
- Cannabis plant botany
- Cannabis species
- Contemporary cannabis plant varieties
- Trichome biology
- Plant inputs
- Cultivation of herbal medicines for pharmaceutical manufacturing
Please review all prior modules eMCCA101 to eMCCA104 in the Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation training program (Series 1), as prerequisites for this course.
There are six (6) courses in each of the two Series in this online training program as a preparatory resource for individuals seeking job opportunities in the Cannabis Industry.
You can review additional training courses specific to the medicinal cannabis sector in the Series 2 training package for Medicinal Cannabis Industry induction training).
Who should complete this course?
These courses are suitable for anyone exploring the Medicinal Cannabis Industry including cultivation operations, manufacturing operations, quality control, site selection, engineering, and other industry-specific topics.
- These modules make excellent Cannabis Industry Induction training courses for cannabis industry job seekers, current or future employees and contractors, cannabis cultivation or manufacturing licence applicants, botanists, agricultural operation managers, researchers, and/or industry investors.
- There are 6 modules in each of the two Cannabis Industry course training series (Series 1 and Series 2).
This module is part of Series 1 in the Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation Academy (MCCA) online training program.
- The cannabis training courses are best taken in sequential order.
- You can, however, take any of our training courses individually.
How long do these Cannabis Industry training courses take to complete?
- Each of the 12 modules in the cannabis sector online training program will range from 1 to 3 hours duration, including the online Final Assessment.
Certificate of Completion available for Cannabis Industry Employees and Job Applicants
- Each module in the online Cannabis Cultivation Training series is designed to help provide an induction to the sector; and each successfully completed course will provide the learner with a Certificate of Completion.
- Courses may be suitable for medicinal cannabis cultivation employees, Employers in the Cannabis Industry, and job seekers who seek an orientation to what’s required to work in the medicinal cannabis industry or pharmaceutical medicine plant cultivation sectors.
This Certificate of Completion for the cannabis training courses is NOT a statement of your competency, and all online courses are for induction training/Education Purposes only.
- The Course Completion Certificate for the training is an indicator you successfully completed that particular induction course module.
- You can download the Certificate of Completion, save it, print it and/or submit it to your Personnel Department (or you can attach the Certificate to your current CV if you are applying for work with potential future employers in the Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation Industry).
Note that there are strict hiring criteria for working in the medicinal cannabis sector due to the high value of medicinal cannabis crops.
Disclaimer: These courses are for EDUCATIONAL purposes only.
The information in these modules and the Series are NOT to be used, nor implied as being useful for, operational or cultivation decisions. They should be combined with onsite training and Supervision. They can, however, provide new employees, licence applicants and/or investors with an introductory overview of various aspects of the global Medicinal Cannabis Industry. Other courses for Herbal Medicine Production, GMP, and GACP, can be found by clicking this link.
Read our top 10 best blogs on medicinal cannabis industry and cultivation requirements.