Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Training Course: Medicinal Cannabis Crops
Cultivation medicinal cannabis is a complex business operation that requires expertise in the prevention of common plant pests and diseases. Avoiding contamination while protecting an ‘organic’ grow is crucial to a viable and saleable cannabis crop for medicinal purposes. With so many pests, plant diseases and other microorganisms to manage, having an onsite IPM team leader is often crucial to Quality Control.
This online Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation training course will help employees, contractors and vendors to better understand the sector AND the basic fundamentals of pest and disease prevention when cultivation crops for herbal medicines/pharmaceutical manufacturing purposes.
What will you learn in this Integrated Pest Management training course (online IPM training)?
This latest module in the Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation training series by PharmOut’s expert cannabis industry consultants includes an overview of:
- Basic Integrated Pest Management strategies
- Early signs of plant diseases and pest infestations
- Common pests, diseases, moulds, mildew, and more!
- Risk management strategies and personnel requirements
Disclaimer: These courses are for EDUCATIONAL purposes only.
The information in these modules and the Series are NOT to be used, nor implied as being useful for, operational or cultivation decisions. They should be combined with onsite training and Supervision. They can, however, provide new employees, licence applicants and/or investors with an introductory overview of various aspects of the global Medicinal Cannabis Industry. Other courses for Herbal Medicine Production, GMP and GACP, can be found by clicking this link.
Who should complete this Integrated Pest Management (IMP) training course?
These courses are suitable for anyone exploring the Medicinal Cannabis Industry including cultivation operations, manufacturing operations, quality control, site selection, engineering, and other industry-specific topics.
- These modules provide Cannabis Industry Induction training courses and resources for employment seekers, future licence applicants, botanists, agricultural operation managers, and/or industry investors.
- This online training course is the 10th module of 12 modules in Series 2 of the Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation training program.
- The courses are intended to be taken sequentially, in order, as a Series of 12 total training modules designed to assist with inducting individuals in relation to the cannabis sector, including common job roles and employment requirements.
You can, however, take a training course individually.
What is the average duration of the online training course?
Duration of training modules in the Online Training Series for Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation can vary from person to person and topic to topic.
Cannabis cultivation training series: courses for Medicinal Cannabis crop care employees and contractors
There are 12 courses in the entire series plus a course on Clinical Trials for Medicinal Cannabis.
- On average, each of the 12 courses in the series takes from a typical minimum of 90 minutes to 4 hours (or longer) per online training module in the Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation training series.
- Average completion times for each online course will vary, however, and depend on many variables.
Variables for online course completion time frames
Times for completion of this IPM training course, including the Final Assessment enabling you to download or print your course Certificate of Completion, will vary, however. Times to complete the course depend upon your individual learning style, your overall learning capacities, your pre-existing knowledge of the topic, and/or your prior experience in the cannabis sector (and/or with integrated pest management of medicinal crops for herbal pharmaceuticals), and other factors, such as personal time management and potential disruptions to your dedicated study time.
This is one of the longer modules in the Series.
For the medicinal cannabis IMP training course, it is best to allow from a minimum of 3 hours and up to 5 hours to complete this module.
Certificate of Completion
Each module in the online Cannabis Cultivation Training series for industry employees or employment seekers will provide learners with a Certificate of Completion upon successful completion of the course and Final Assessment (all online). This is not a statement of competency it is a Completion Certificate for the training; which you can download, save, print and submit to your Personnel Department or potential future employers along with your current resume/CV.
Note that there are strict hiring criteria for working in the medicinal cannabis sector due to the high value of medicinal cannabis crops.
Read our top 10 best blogs on medicinal cannabis industry and cultivation requirements.