Annex 7 – Manufacture of Herbal Medicinal Products
PIC/S Annex 7 – Herbal Medicines
Herbal medicinal products must be manufactured in accordance with the regulations described in the PIC/s Guide to GMP and Eudralex Voume 4. This interactive e-Learning module introduces the user to the specific GMP regulations relating to the manufacture of herbal medicinal products.
The objectives of this training module are:
- to provide an understanding of the requirements for control of starting materials
- to provide an understanding of production
- to provide an understanding of sampling and Quality Control requirements
- to provide an understanding of cleanliness and segregation requirements
- to provide an understanding of environmental considerations
Herbal Medicines – EU GMP Production | GMP Compliance – Course Scope
The scope of this Online GMP training course on EU GMP Annex 7 applies only to the manufacture of herbal medicinal products, and due to?their often complex and variable nature, control of starting materials, storage and processing assume particular importance in the manufacture of herbal medicinal products.
The course focuses on the importance of starting materials in the manufacture of herbal medicinal products (herbal medicines or supplements) and ensuring these are of suitable quality.
Understandably consistent quality of the herbal substance requires detailed information of the control of its agricultural production. So the selection of seeds, cultivation and harvesting conditions represent important aspects of the quality of the herbal substance and can influence the consistency of the finished product.
- Recommendations on an appropriate quality assurance system for good agricultural and collection practice
- The course does not cover the guidance provided in the HMPC guidance document: Guideline on Good Agricultural and Collection Practice for starting materials of herbal origin.
This Online GMP training course annex 7 only applies to all herbal starting materials: medicinal plants, herbal substances or herbal preparations.
After successful completion of each course in the bundle the trainee will have the option of printing or saving a personalised training certificate that meet general PIC/S and EU GMP regulatory expectations.