Contamination Control (PMF101)
Course duration: Allow 1.5 to 2.5 hours to complete this course.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- No Hassle Refunds
- Secure Payments
Contamination Control (PMF101) Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Fundamentals (PMF)
Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Fundamentals education – Contamination Control eLearning (PMF101)
After completing this PMF101 Contamination Control training module online, learners will gain an understanding of:
- Basic microbiology in relation to risks of contamination
- How contamination risks impact the design of manufacturing processes, facilities and procedures
- Contamination controls
Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Fundamentals – online education
This Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Fundamentals eLearning course “Contamination Control” (PMF101) is the first (1st) of four (4) individual courses in the Pharmaceutical Industry education series.
- These four PMF courses can be purchased and completed individually or as a 4-part series Training Package.
- It is recommended that you complete all four courses, in sequence, along with other relevant GMP compliance training and onsite training/product-specific training.
- You will have access to the course for 12 months from the date of purchase.
- A downloadable/printable Certificate of Completion is available for each of the courses you complete (online), for your personnel records and/or to attach to your resume/CV or LinkedIn profile.
PMF101 in the Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Fundamentals eLearning series covers Contamination Control.
- This Pharmaceutical Industry education course covers ‘contamination controls’ in manufacturing environments.
- This self-paced education course will help you gain a basic understanding of the microbiology that underpins the design of processes, facilities and procedures for contamination control in the pharmaceutical manufacturing and/or medical device sectors.
- Topics include different types of potential contaminants (bacteria, yeasts, moulds, endotoxins, etc) and different contamination control methods used in the pharmaceutical industry to control contamination risks.
Contamination Control methods in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing (GMP)
In this first module in the four-part PMF eLearning series produced by the experts at PharmOut Pty Ltd, we’ll explore:
- Microbiology of bacteria, sources of microbial contamination and sterility concepts and sterility quality assurance
- Contamination control, including cleaning and sterilisation methods
- Aseptic techniques and facility design
After completing this course, you should complete PMF102 – HVAC, followed by the remaining two courses in this Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Fundamentals education series.
Duration of this course
- Allow 1.5 to 2.5 hours to complete the module including the Final Assessment to gain your GMP/PMF Course Certificate of Completion.
- One user per order.
- All rights reserved.
- You can start immediately upon completing your purchase online.
Read the eLearning Course FAQs.
Contamination Control and GMP regulations
This Contamination Control online GMP training course is part of the 4-module Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Fundamentals eLearning series.
Review the Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Fundamentals education series (online courses).
Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Industry: engineering and design controls for contamination prevention
Who should complete the PMF series?
Modules 1 through 4 are suitable as either Employee Induction Courses or GMP Refresher courses.
These courses are suitable for a variety of pharmaceutical industry employees and/or medical device industry employees. They are designed to improve GMP compliance knowledge and will suit operations managers, quality management professionals, manufacturing line workers, facility design and facility or equipment maintenance engineers, new life science graduates/recent graduates, facility architects, service providers, and various types of contractors.
The PMF Series courses are suitable for:
- Engineers and Quality Management Personnel
- New employees and existing employees
- A wide range of personnel and contractor roles in GMP compliance sectors
- Companies involved with providing cleaning services, source materials, raw materials/packaging or labelling products, equipment, and/or services to the Pharmaceutical Manufacturing or Medical Device sectors
- Designers / Validation personnel
Duration: Allow an average of 1.5 to 2.5 hours to complete this online training module.
About this Contamination Control course (online):
PMF101 (Contamination Control) is the first of four eLearning modules in the recently released PMF Training Series.
- It can be taken as a stand-alone course or as part of a more comprehensive series of four (4) modules
- It should be completed along with other product-relevant GMP compliance training modules specific to the industry, product type, and distribution region (Regulatory Authority/Competent Authority).
- View GMP course bundles per industry or continue reading for more on the Pharmaceuticals Manufacturing Fundamentals course (Contamination Control/PMF101 – Module 1 of 4 in the PMF Series).
Contamination Control (PMF101) Course Agenda
This eLearning module is split into 3 parts in relation to GMP regulations and manufacturing requirements for the prevention of contamination.
These 3 parts are:
- The microbiology of bacteria, sources of microbial contamination and sterility concepts and sterility quality assurance
- Contamination control requirements in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing facilities, including cleaning and sterilisation requirements
- Aseptic techniques and facility designs (engineering/design considerations)
How to complete this PMF101 eLearning course
The course can be taken as a stand-alone course but is recommended to be completed as part of the Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Fundamentals (PMF) online learning series of four (4) individual GMP training modules.
To complete this course, first, complete your purchase online, then search your email folders for your login information. You will need internet access to access the course and complete the training. While you can typically use a mobile phone to access this course, it is best completed on a laptop or other device with an adequate screen and functionality.
Contamination Control Course completion time frames
Duration of this PMF course (Module 1 of 4 in the PMF Series):
- Note that course completion time frames can vary significantly from person to person.
- Allow an average of 1.5 hours to 2.5 hours to complete this module PMF101 – Contamination Control.
- Alternatively, allow approximately 5 hours (average minimum time frame) to up to 8 or 9 hours, or longer, to complete the entire series of 4 modules, depending on prior experience with the topic and learning styles.
Are there pre-requisites to this course?
- There are no formal pre-requisites for this PMF orientation course although other relevant GMP courses will be helpful.
- Additionally, onsite custom training programs and adequate Supervision are required for personnel working in these sectors.
Recommendations for supplemental GMP regulations compliance training
While there are no formally required pre-requisites for completing this training module in contamination prevention (pharmaceutical industry/medical device industry), it is helpful to:
- Have at least a basic understanding of basic GMP principles and GxP compliance regulations before embarking on this course or other modules in the PMF series, such as covered in GMP01 and GMP02 and the 10 Golden Rules of GMP (visit the online GMP education topics section).
- Good Recordkeeping practice training is also recommended for all employees.
- Note: Regarding good recordkeeping practice/good documentation practice, gaps in recordkeeping are often cited in warning letters from Regulatory Authorities such as the TGA, MHRA and FDA.
You can take these additional GMP compliance courses before OR AFTER you complete the Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Fundamentals training course.
GMP Course Certificates
Upon successful completion of the online Final Assessment of this module, you’ll be able to download and print a Certificate of Completion for your Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Fundamentals course (if you complete the entire series, you’ll gain 4 PMF training Certificates of Completion).
- To gain your Certificate, order and pay for the course online (add to cart, above), then search your email for a login (one user per order).
- You’ll have 12 months of access to the course and upon reviewing the materials and successfully completing the online Final Assessment, you’ll gain a GMP/PMF Course Certificate of Completion to download, print or save.
- Send this Certificate to your Supervisor, Personnel Management department, and/or attach this Certificate to your CV when applying for job openings in the Pharmaceutical Sector.
Page last updated: August 8, 2022.